Monday, March 8, 2010

A Few Faves From the Red Carpet

The 2010 Acadmy Awards were last night. Honestly, I've never cared too much about the award shows, but I always enjoy watching a few minutes of the red carpet to catch a few of the best and worst looks of the evening. If nothing else, it helps me feel a tiny bit more in the loop when People Magazine hits the stand.

So... last night, my friend Ruffin and I made it a total girls night. We ate some pizza, painted our nails, and watched the Oscars, all while looking at magazines and talking about decorating. We are sooo multi-talented. We watched the red carpet fashions carefully and had a few different opinions about what we liked (was Sarah Jessica Parker's dress really that cute? Me thinks not. Actually, she didn't care for that one either.). All things considered, everyone looked beautiful. Here are just a few of my favorite dresses from last night!


The always lovely J. Lo in Armani Prive


Miley Cyrus in Jenny Packham

I kind of have a thing for watercolor prints and Maggie Gyllenhaal rocks it in Dries Van Norten

Kate Winslet in YSL

Love these blush palettes. Demi Moore in Versace. This dress took some flack as many people said it's been done before, but I love it. Blushy pink and ruffles... what's not to love?

Anna Kendrick in Elie Saab

And... my very favorite of the night. Rachel McAdam's was amazing in this silvery-blue Elie Saab Couture gown. The sweetheart neckline and criss-cross bodice is so flattering. I couldn't really see the floral print last night, but it's gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment