Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January Happenings


So, we are 5 days into the new year and I’m not off to a very good start with my blogging! First, let me wish you a very happy new year! I hope that the holidays brought you much blessing, rest, and refreshment. For many people, 2009 was a difficult year, and so, we look forward with great hope to what 2010 will bring. I, for one, have been pretty lazy the last two weeks and it’s been glorious! Today is my first official day back in the office and I thought I would give you an update on a few things happening with me this month:

A new detox/get healthy program. Yes, new year, new diet. This week I jumped on the bandwagon with several friends and began a detox program designed to remove the bad stuff from the body and get us healthy. Thankfully, this is not one of those lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup programs. This is designed to give us all we need by eating lots of fruits, veggies, lean protein, and nuts. Of course, the milk, cheese, and sweets have to go for 2 weeks, but that’s okay. They say the first three days are the hardest. Today is day two, so I’m very ready to power through to the other side. Hopefully by then, I won’t be craving every bad food in the universe. I’m glad for the accountability of lots of friends to help keep me on track :)

A bridal fair – I am going to be a vendor in the upcoming NWA Bride Premier Showcase. The show takes place Saturday, January 16, 2010 from 10a-5p at the Holiday Inn Convention Center in Springdale. September’s bridal fair was a blast and I definitely learned a few things to help make this showing even better! I’m in the process of thinking up some cool prizes and giveaways so stop by my booth and say hi!

A trip to SPAIN!!! – Last month, I was talking with my friend Jess, when she mentioned that she was going to Spain in January to visit some friends. As we talked about her trip and how much fun she was going to have, we began brainstorming about whether or not it would be possible for me to go too. I love to travel and am a little bit impulsive so it took me about 5 minutes to decide that I wanted to go and start hunting down plane tickets. Fortunately, I was able to find a great deal on tickets, and so… we’re off to Spain for a week beginning January 17! I’m so excited!!! The best part is, Jess used to live in Spain, so she gets to visit her old home and knows all the good places to see, eat, and shop!

New changes to Kristin Hartness Photography - I am so excited to announce that there are some new changes coming to Kristin Hartness Photography in the coming month and year. Change is always a bit hard for me, but is necessary in order to grow and develop. I’m learning this to be crucial when running a business and, so, I’m excited to see what these new changes bring. The last three years have been spent learning and just trying to get my feet underneath me. A lot of this was about developing technical skills and the confidence to market myself as a photographer. As this has begun to fall into place, I’ve had the opportunity to begin thinking about the kind of business and brand that I want to develop, one that will allow me to continue to learn and create a better experience for my clients and be true to who I am as a person and a photographer. Several changes that will be implemented soon to reach this goal are:

  1. A NEW NAME! Kristin Hartness Photography will be Kristin J. Portraiture within a few weeks. With a new name comes a…
  2.  NEW (fancy-schmancy) WEBSITE and, in the near future, A NEW BLOG, better designed to keep you posted on what’s happening over here.

As I said, it is my hope that these will be just some of the beginning changes  to bring cohesiveness and create a fabulous experience for you, my WONDERFUL clients. So, stay-tuned!!!

And, because every post is better with a picture, a few of the things I'll be munching on the next few weeks...

Great-tasting? I wouldn't go that far, but it's not bad... :)

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Tell me more about this detox program. I need to clean up my eating especially since the holidays. Oh, how I love Pioneer Woman and Paula Deen, but the bacon grease and butter...oh my! I can't wait to hear all about Spain. That's on my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete