Thursday, January 28, 2010

Announcing Kristin J. Portraiture


I've been a little bit behind this week after being on vacation, so I'm very late in telling you about my big project over the last month and a half. As you may have noticed by now, Kristin Hartness Photography has undergone a facelift and a name change. Kristin Hartness Photography is now Kristin J. Portraiture. This name change came out of necessity and the desire to develop a brand that reflects my personality and the style of my photography as it has evolved over the years. I'm very excited about this new name change, my new website, and overall look. 

To kick-off this process, I turned to Amy Hannon with Sincerely Yours to design my logo and business card. Amy was the perfect choice because, not only is she a super-creative designer, but also an awesome role-model as a business-woman, amazing mother, and godly wife. Amy was a pleasure to work with as we met together in her darling home to brainstorm a new logo and overall "feel" for this new brand. As I spoke to Amy about my love for classic photography with a fresh and modern twist, I could see the wheels turning in her brain and I started to get excited. Amy and I share a love for "beautiful-looking" words, and she had the brilliant idea to use the word "Portraiture" to develop a design. Inspired from a magazine, a color scheme of blushy pinks, corals, and warm grey was chosen, and the concept was born.

Amy, thanks so much for your hard work and for putting up with my indecisiveness.  I love the look that you have created and feel like it's so "me"! I'm so happy to have a business card and logo that I can be proud to show off!

P.S. I loooove the typeface definition on the bottom of these. Such a fun idea!







No comments:

Post a Comment