Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Yesterday afternoon, we kicked off our family Christmas celebration. We gathered at my brother and sister-in-law's house, and headed off to the Christmas Eve service at church, all bundled up and excited with the anticipation of a possible white Christmas. Over the years, the Christmas Eve service has become one of my favorite traditions and the thing I look forward to the most. For me, this is a time of reflection and worship; a time to remember my great Savior who humbled himself by being born as a baby in order to bring salvation to a sinful world. His life and sacrifice gives us a true reason to celebrate.

After the service, we headed over to my parent's house. Mom and Dad decided to try a new thing this year and make breakfast for dinner. We all loved it so much I think it will become a long-standing tradition. Over eggs, bacon, and hash-brown potatoes, we enjoyed conversation, laughter, and each other's company, just happy to all be together. Today was spent watching movies, working on a puzzle, eating, and enjoying our first White Christmas in a long time; a special gift from the Creator to His children.

I hope that you've had a wonderful and blessed holiday. Merry Christmas!

1 comment: