Friday, February 5, 2010

More from Spain: The Alhambra

Wow! Sorting through my pictures from Spain has been a bigger project than I thought. Today I wanted to show you pictures from the Alhambra, one of the major attractions we visited in Granada. This place is so amazing that it deserves a post all for itself! For anyone who is a history-geek like me, Alhambra means "the red fortress" and was built by Moorish rulers in the mid-14th century. This was later home to King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella and is thought to be the location where Christopher Colombus was commissioned to sail to the new land. You can check out more here if you're interested. I can't remember the significance of each picture and place, so I'll let you enjoy without further commentary from me!













No comments:

Post a Comment