Monday, May 17, 2010

Photogs and Friends

Hello from Newport Beach!

I wish I could say, Hello from warm, sunny Newport Beach, but the unfortunate truth is that it has been chilly, cloudy, and raining. You may remember me blogging awhile back about the Escalate Live conference. This conference is a first-time, one-of-a-kind conference for photographers featuring some of the greatest wedding and portrait photographers in the industry. 

Sooo... the time is here. We had a great day in sessions today, getting to hear from amazing photographers like Becker, Dane Sanders, Jasmine Star, and Julieanne Kost. All of these photogs and business people have very different personalities, styles, and gifts and have each found unique ways to add to the industry. The talks so far have been incredibly motivational and inspiring. More on that later.

For me, the best part so far has just been getting to meet and spend time with other photographers. I've met some really great, talented photographers and it's been really encouraging to talk through ideas, dreams, frustrations and struggles with one another. I've been really surprised to find out that so many of us face the same challenges. It's exciting to see, not only the knowledge that my colleagues bring to the table, but also the incredible heart and passion that each person has for the industry and their clients. These photographers love wedding photography, but more importantly, LOVE and care for their clients and are incredibly honored to be able to participate in such a special day. 

I can't wait to share more with you next week as I have time to process my thoughts! Have a great week!

Kristin J.

No comments:

Post a Comment