Sunday, May 9, 2010

Because I'm cool like that...



Have you ever had one of those kinds of weeks? You know. The kind of week where you're running around like crazy trying for dear life to keep your head on straight? Last week was that kind of week for me. I was running around all over town with meetings, shoots, and lots of projects to edit. All of the sudden, the scatter-brainedness (?) hit. I was scrambling for my keys, to find that missing shirt, making wrong turns while driving... You get the picture.

All of this came to culmination Friday morning. I had an early meeting with some local business professionals. Since I had not attended a meeting like this before, I was a little nervous and definitely wanted to make a good first impression. I thought long and hard on what to wear and pieced together my most professional business-casual outfit: skinny jeans, pink tunic top, boyfriend blazer. I tried on 3 pairs of heels and settled on some spring-appropriate strappy silver ones, and... good. to. go. I grabbed my earrings as I ran out the door as the final touch.

Well, the meeting was great. I chatted with quite a few people and learned a lot about some new local businesses. I went home after that and got to work on a project. Later that afternoon, a friend stopped by. After we talked for a few minutes, she discreetly asked me if I was meaning to be wearing two different earrings. WHAT??? I took out the earrings and, sure enough, I was wearing two, very different earrings! I had quickly grabbed what I thought were matching earrings and, in my hurry to get out the door, hadn't checked to be sure. It would happen to me. We had a good laugh about it and I'm comforting myself by choosing to believe that no one noticed it :)

Hopefully this week goes a little bit more smoothly. Happy Monday!

The culprits. At least they were both gold... right?


No comments:

Post a Comment