Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Keep On Keeping On


I'm back! True confession time: I have not been a good blogger. I know it and I'm sorry. I don't know what it is, maybe the summer heat, that has made it unusually hard for me to settle back into my daily/weekly routine after being out of town a few weeks ago. I've been feeling just a little blah and had creativity blockage (yes, it's a term) when I think about sitting down to type. Even today.

I have been shooting, but am having to keep a couple of my sessions top-secret for a few weeks before posting them. With no pictures to blog, I've been left to my thoughts and wondering if anyone really cares to hear about what book I'm reading, my trip to the lake last weekend, the new dress I bought, or what I've been eating for lunch.

So, to combat my recent lack of inspiration and creativity, I'm going to keep plowing on. I'm going to answer my e-mails, make the decisions that need to be made and learn how-the-heck to set up my new blog site (that will hopefully be coming soon). I may make chocolate chip cookies for brain food and for the man next door who kindly brings my trash can up from the road every week. After all this, I'll leave tonight to go hang out with high school students from church who will make me smile. Ultimately, I'll settle into the pages of my new J. Crew magazine that arrived in the mail today (my favorite go-to for shooting inspiration) and I'll be excited to get out and have some fun with my camera!

Until then, just in case anyone does want to know: I've been reading The Gospel in Life by Tim Kellar - completely challenging my thoughts on how I "do church". My trip to the lake last Saturday was amazing! I haven't tried to ski since high school and didn't plan to get up, but I did! I'm planning on a turkey sandwich for lunch, and... I got a new dress that I'm hoping will keep me cool at this weekend's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment